RoboCup Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
RoboCup SIGs are being formed by
the RoboCup Federation Executive Committee with the following goals:
- to create a forum for discussion among researchers with
common interests across the different RoboCup leagues and from
outside of the current RoboCup community.
- to define research milestones so that competition rules and
research efforts can be targeted based on the milestones.
- to make software and hardware resources available, so that
researchers can use such assets for their own research, particularly
to start up new RoboCup teams and research programs.
- to promote research is specific area by organizing mailing lists,
web pages, and workshops.
Call for Proposals:
A proposal should include at least the following information:
In selecting an organizing committee you are urged to try to recruit
people from across the different RoboCup leagues and to include at
least one person from outside the mainstream RoboCup community.
- Name of SIG
- Aims and Scope
- Organizing Committee list and their expertise
- Activity plan:
- Resource sharing
- Plan for technical milestone definition
- Community development (mailing list, web, etc.)
- Workshops, etc.
- Other ideas
- Potential member list
Proposals should be sent by email to Peter Stone.
Current RoboCup SIGs:
As of now there are the following SIG websites:
We would be particularly be interested in receiving proposals such as:
Questions about the formation of or existing SIGs may be sent to Peter Stone.
Go back to my